Plagne Soleil and Plagne Villages
are among the more attractive hamlets of La Plagne, built in Savoyard style on a plateau above Plagne Centre and with stunning views in all directions - a glorious natural suntrap remaining in full sun until sunset..
Plagne Soleil and Plagne Villages are in the heart of the ski area linking directly into the fabulous ski area of the new Paradiski domaine - they straddle the main piste down to Plagne Centre.
Plagne Soleil is developed around a small square with the ski hire shops, lift pass office, a well stocked supermarket, newsagent, two excellent restaurants, pizza take away and two bars.
Plagne Villages, the other side of the piste down to Plagne Centre has a similar array of shops and restaurants.
The ESF ski school and the jardin des enfants are also in the square, although sometimes the children are collected from Plagne Soleil and Plagne Villages and taken down to the bigger facilities in Plagne Centre. click here to see details.
1) Aspen 4 star Prestige apartments with swimming pool and sauna, in Plagne Villages - high quality apartments, sleeping up to 7. You can ski back to the apartments, which are just 100 m from the ski slopes and 300 m from the ski lifts and Ski School. The free indor heated pool is perfect after a days skiing. Large attractive communal lounge with plenty of comfortable seating, superb views, log fire in the evening, free hot drinks, billiards and view down to swimming pool. 2) Granges Soleil prestige apartments with full beauty spa in Plagne Soleil. Ski in ski out 4) La Plagne Apartments - individually owned and attractively renovated apartments - from studio to 3/4 bedrooms
Belle Plagne. 2050m, is one of the more attractive Plagne villages with wood and stone clad chalet type buildings. It is ideally situated to explore the Paradiski ski area . There is a pedestrianised area in the centre and all cars are parked underground.
1) Vallon apartments with doorstep skiing.
2) Budget ski
Champagny en Vanoise In the village of Champany-en-Vanoise , which links into the La Plagne ski area, we have the superb Alpages chalet/ apartments. Champagny en Vaniose is a good choice as it still offers the traditional feel of an alpine farming community. The lifts give quick access to the skiing, but for non skiers or families with babies or young children the lower altitude of this sunny valley resorts is ideal. We have an affinity with this area as it was the skiing of La Plagne and Champany en Vanoise that first converted us to France as a ski destination. We renewed our acquaintance with La Plagne in mid February 2005 and marvelled at how uncrowded the slopes were at the this peak time, and the total lack of lift queues. The snow was perfect and skiing a joy. The pictures on this page were taken on this visit and again when we visited in February 2006.
La Plagne ski area
La Plagne is a vast ski area offering plenty of variety, from challenging skiing for experts, to walks for the holidaymaker who prefers to get away from it all, to perfectly designed snow parks
There are ten resorts connected to one another by superb slopes and state-of-the-art ski lifts. With differences in altitude of up to 2000 metres, technical difficulties to negotiate and beautiful scenery that varies from the permanent snow seen at high altitudes (3350 metres) to the forest borders in the lower valley, this is a very vast and diverse ski area to explore:
- 225km of slopes divided into 130 runs (18 black, 33 red, 69 blue and 10 green runs)
- 359 snow cannons providing artificial snow cover for 133 hectares of slopes.
-1 snowpark, 3 boardercross runs, 1 half-pipe.
An easy link with the Les Arcs sector and the Paradiski ski area, which links La Grande Plagne with Peisey Vallandry and Les Arcs.
For cross-country skiers, the La Plagne ski area also includes 80km of cross-country trails, mainly located near the lower altitude village resorts.
Paradiski ski area
The Paradiski Ski Area linking the three sectors of La Plagne, Peisey Vallandry and Les Arcs, has a total of:
425km of slopes
626 snow cannons providing artificial snow cover for 228 hectares,
37 black, 65 red, 129 blue and 11 green runs, making a total of 242 runs
2 snowparks, 3 boardercross runs, 2 boardergliss and 1 half pipe
By road : A43 motorway between Lyon and Chambéry then A430 motorways between Chambéry and Albertville. RN90 until Champagny-Aime then La Plagne
By train : Moutiers et Aime railway stations (TGV). Then bus or taxis
By plane : Lyon-St Exupéry (180 km), Geneva-Cointrin (140 km), Chambéry (100 km)
Alpine Charms - La Plagne Ski Resorts - high level snow sure skiing
La Plagne- a ski resort which is evolving and heading upmarket at a remarkable rate.
La Plagne was developed in the 1960's as one of the new breed of ski in ski out, car free, convenient resorts in a massive area giving snow sure wide pistes with a great variety of terrain.
Most of the skiing in La Plagne is above the treeline in open sunny bowls and snowfields with some interesting "canyon" skiing and natural and manmade snowparks. The new Vanoise express that links La Plagne and Les Arcs has extended the ski area to 426 kms making the Paradiski area third in size to the Portes du Soleil and to the Three Valleys. There is a vast amount of off piste for the experienced, yet the ski slopes are wide and welcoming to beginners and children., with a high proportion of blue and red runs. La Plagne was developed with skiers in mind, but nowadays non skiers are also well catered for, whether it be sunbathing outside one of the many cafes and restauants, taking in the stunning views, walking prepared paths, snow shoe walking, undertaking one of the multitude of non skiing activities provided in resort or enjoying the spa facilities in our prestige apartments, including full spa and beauty treatments in Plagne Soleil. La Plagne consists of 6 high altitude resorts and 3 village resorts. The high altitude resorts are all linked by free shuttle bus - as well as by ski piste!! See video of the villages
Plagne Villages and Plagne Centre are linked by the passenger lift - the tele-bus.
We have accommodation in 4 very different areas: Ski apartments are 3 and 4 star prestige, with spa facilities.
We now also offer budget ski apartments.
- the original 1960's resort. Things have changed dramatically here since the days when it was much maligned for its uninspiring architecture and small "rabbit hutch" accommodation.
To be fair, Plagne Centre is one of the least ugly of the purpose built resorts and is located amongst the trees in fabulous scenery.
The resort is undergoing sustained redevelopment. It still retains its fabulous views of the mountains, snow sure record, convenience skiig and relatively uncrowded pistes , even in the peak seasons, but the accommodation and resort facilities are improving dramatically year by year.
1) Chalet Alpmach well situated chalet, sleeps 14 in 7 ensuite bedrooms 2)Pelvoux Apartments . These 4 star newly renovated apartments with sauna and hamman, sleeping 2-10 are right in the centre allowing excellent access to the pistes and lifts with all amenities close to hand. 3) La Plagne Apartments - individually owned and attractively renovated apartments - from studio to 3/4 bedrooms